[swift-users] Working towards 1.0-final.

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 10:19:31 CEST 2010

Hi all,
  As we're working through our open issues (64 commits between beta5
and beta6, and 40 commits since beta6 already), the question of what
we need in 1.0  is becoming important. The things we've currently got
firm plans for are: Avatar setting, setting/editing roster groups,
fixing the find room loop, allowing creation of new rooms. How does
this compare with your thoughts on what 1.0 needs? We'd like to get a
1.0 to general release sooner than later, so ideally these should only
be things that absolutely can't be done without in an XMPP client -
once 1.0's out, we can start work on 2.0 (or insert version number
here as appropriate), so features are certainly not going to stop at
the 1.0 mark. If people want to reply in private instead, that's fine
and I'll send out a summary once I've got some results.

Thanks,
/K