[swift-users] swift compile fails on Fedora 13

Matthew Chan talcite at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:05:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been trying to build swift and swiften on Fedora 13 for awhile now. The
compile fails every time when trying to build elements that require QtGui
elements.

This seems to be a scons issue, since in Fedora, the QtGui headers are under
/usr/include/QtGui/<header>. I can coax it to compile by replacing #include
<**QtObject**> with #include <QtGui/**QtObject**> in all the source files.
Changing the qt path in config.py didn't seem to have any effect.

On a separate note, the --no-cache to the scons script doesn't seem to
disable caching of the configure tests. Not sure if I'm using it properly or
if it's a bug.

That's about as far as I was able to debug. I'm not experienced enough with
scons to submit a patch. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the project though. The documentation is _superb_.
Matt