[swift-users] swift compile fails on Fedora 13

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Thu Apr 28 07:49:38 CEST 2011

Hi Matthew,

> I've been trying to build swift and swiften on Fedora 13 for awhile now. The
> compile fails every time when trying to build elements that require QtGui
> elements.

We don't pick up the Qt location properly automatically yet. Qt
install layouts come in different shapes, but most distributions
provide at least a symlinked structure to the 'standard' Qt layout.

Our Fedora packager uses the following config.py settings last time i
checked with him:

qt="/usr"
linkflags="-lpthread -lX11 -lQtDBus"
ccflags=["-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2"]

(not sure if all of them are still necessary, some of the linkflags
could be historical)

> On a separate note, the --no-cache to the scons script doesn't seem to
> disable caching of the configure tests. Not sure if I'm using it properly or
> if it's a bug.

That's right, that option is only for caching of derived files (i.e.
ccache style stuff).

./scons force-configure=1

should do the trick.

> Thanks for the project though. The documentation is _superb_.

Thanks!

Remko