[swift-users] Build problems, Qt paths

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 12 20:48:39 CEST 2011

Dear Swift Developers,
thanks for creating such an interesting Free Software.

I wanted to give it a try, but I did not manage to build the
software due to problems with how to configure the paths
to the qt files.

The comment in the build documentation:
  Create a file 'config.py' with the following contents,
  reflecting your local setup:
                qt = "path/to/qt"
        (e.g. qt = "/usr/share/qt4")
does not tell me, to which files of Qt4 or how this
patch will be modified to become the header or linking options
for building.

I do have some qt4 files at the example path,
  ls /usr/share/qt4
  mkspecs  q3porting.xml  translations
but of course building just fails using it.
  CXX Swift/QtUI/ChatList/ChatListDelegate.o
  Swift/QtUI/ChatList/ChatListDelegate.cpp:7:16: fatal error: QPen: No such file or directory
  compilation terminated.

The development packages of Qt4 are installed of course
and I've tried a number of qt= variants and scons
options in trying to see the real commands.
However not being familiar with scons I am still stuck
and this has taken too long.

Maybe you can add more explanation to this part
of the build process.

Thanks,
Bernhard