[swift-users] Build problems, Qt paths

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 12 22:09:36 CEST 2011

Hi Remko,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 09:16:38PM +0200, Remko Tronçon wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2011, at 20:48, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> Which distribution are you on?

I've tried MeeGo 1.2. :)

> This path works on all distributions
> that provide a standard qt hierarchy. However, some distributions
> don't have this (eg Gentoo).

Hmm, I did not check this, I somehow thought they'll be able to provide
a standard qt hierarchy.

The package libqt-devel has headers in
  /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qwsevent_qws.h
and other stuff here
  /usr/lib/libQtXmlPatterns.so
  /usr/lib/pkgconfig/QtCore.pc
  /usr/share/qt4/q3porting.xml

and libqtcore4 for example has stuff here:
  /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
  /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4.7
  /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4.7.2
  /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/codecs/libqcncodecs.so
  /usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_ar.qm

> Basically, all headers need to be in QTDIR/include (in a flat dir), all libs in QTDIR/lib.

Okay, I can see where this fails. Maybe putting these comments in
BuildingOnUnix.txt would be helpful, so people now what kind of qt path
is expected there, usually.

> I plan on providing more fine grained control of Qt paths, but for
> now, we can point you to the changes needed for your distribution.

Very cool!
Yes, I could use a different distribution just to try with different Qt
paths, but I wanted to point out the principle problem and of course
I ideally want to use swift on the machine that that Meego on it.

Thanks for the nice and prompt reply,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member