[swift-users] git master, Swift 2.0alpha-dev347

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 14:13:32 CEST 2011

Sorry, I'd missed this mail thinking it was one of the Git commit
mails I get sent on repository changes.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> Tried swift from git master today,
>  Swift 2.0alpha-dev347
> on Package
>  libqt4-dev
> Maintainer: Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers <debian-qt-kde at lists.debian.org>
> Architecture: i386
> Source: qt4-x11
> Version: 4:4.6.3-4+squeeze1
>
> Noticed a few things, maybe it is helpful for you:
> a) There is one server I can connect and one I cannot connect to.
> If I cannot connect to, I get the following error message on the command line:
> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk IHDR; subcode 0:0
> Other it just says something about an error when trying to connect.
> I believe the MNG animation probably is not interesting, but I would expect
> a method to find out why the connection failed. Maybe I had to configure the
> port manually (5223 is used).

Yes, the MNG animation isn't relevant. Requiring port 5223 is fine, as
long as it's 'real' XMPP running on that port, with SRV records set up
correctly to point to it, and not the legacy pre-XMPP connection
method. If it's the latter, I'm afraid Swift can't connect - we only
support authentication as defined in XMPP.

> b) There is a merge conflict string remaining in the license file.

Thanks - will fix.

/K