[swift-users] [Swiften] Examples do DNS query when server is localhost

Benjamin Picardat picardat.benjamin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:17:50 CET 2013

Hello,
I compiled Swiften (tag Swift-2.0 from the git) on a Debian and tried the
examples. As I am behind a proxy, I installed a XMPP server on my machine
for my tests. I tried the examples SendMessage and ConnectivityTest with
the following commands :
./SendMessage bot at localhost botpwd bob at localhost hi
./ConnectivityTest bot at localhost localhost botpwd 10

Both end printing : Warning: Client not disconnected properly: Connector
still active
Watching the loopback interface with Wireshark, no traffic appears, but on
eth0 there is a DNS query for _xmpp-client._tcp.localhost, and some traffic
to my proxy.

What am I doing wrong ? Is want I want to do possible with Swiften ?

Thanks for your help.

Ben