[swift-users] Disconnected with error NoSupportedAuthMechanismsError

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 15:38:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Arshad, Farrukh
<Farrukh_Arshad at mentor.com> wrote:
> I am using the swiften library to connect to XMPP Server (eJabber) via my client. I am doing simple connection with my server and testing the EchoBot example shown at link http://swift.im/swiften/guide/#Example-EchoBot2.
>
> I have configured my server to force TLS authentication. But whenever I try to connect using EchoBot client I got the disconnected with the error NoSupportedAuthMechanismsError. When I remove the TLS authentication from server I can connect to it without issues and can receive messages as well.

You say you've configured your server to not accept password-based
authentication (only certificates), but the EchoBot examples connect
in the usual password-based way. If you want to do certificate-based
authentication you'll need to look at the certificate methods like
http://swift.im/swiften/api/class_swift_1_1_core_client.html#ab6d7ab2d74e5efdfde87f963217f6b2b

How to construct a certificate is going to vary dependent on whether
you're using the OpenSSL or the CAPI implementations of our crypto
layer.

/K