[swift-users] Chat themable? Option for people without pictures

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 20 12:29:11 CET 2014

Kevin,
thanks for your response!

On Thursday 20 February 2014 at 10:09:08, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Offering a theme chooser is something I've always thought would be
> good, but we haven't found time to do (and the slight changes from the
> Adium theme make it slightly inconvenient to just drop in other
> themes). This is another of those things that are compatible with our
> goals, but we've not got on the immediate roadmap.

This also means I may try to replace it for myself.
(Can't say if I'd get around doing it.)

> > My problem is that most of my communication partners do not have avatars
> > configured, so the first column is insentitive to me, because I only have
> > birds in there. So I' prefer a more compact chat display that has the
> > sender's nickname first.

> I think addressing this usecase is consistent with our
> goals, but I don't know when/if we'll find time to work on it.

Good to know, maybe somebody else might pick it up then.
As someone lurking on the mailinglist I understand that most of the
communication for development must happen elsewhere (maybe on Xmpp
or microblogging). So I just hope that my use case description was helpful.

Best,
Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner