[swift-users] Problem about deleting Swift::Client

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:11:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 4:00 AM, Junyuan Hong <jyhong836 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m using Swiften writing a chat client. Does Swiften support multi-Client
> connection in one SimpleEventLoop? And it seems dangerous to delete a
> Swift::Client instance at the connected status, what’s the correct way to
> delete a Swift::Client instance?

Right. The correct way to delete a connected Swift:Client instance is to
call disconnect() wait for the disconnection to complete (the
onDisconnected signal will be called), and only then delete it.
However, we recently fixed some issues that should prevent crashes if
Swift::Client is not properly deleted, see
https://github.com/swift/swift/commit/6ca201d0b48f4273e24dd7bff17c4a46eeaddf39
.

Cheers,
Tobias