[swift-users] Swift 4.0 RC2 released

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Wed May 31 09:15:08 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that we've got to the release candidate stage for
Swift 4.0. RC1 had an issue so we didn't announce it and decided to fix the
issue and release RC2 instead. This release includes all features we intend
having in Swift 4.0 and all known bugs were fixed. If no critical issues
are found in these builds, we'll package up and release Swift 4.0 in the
near future.

Feel free to grab the latest builds and tarballs from
http://swift.im/releases.html . There are some known issues with the apt
repo for some OS version which we are fixing. A high-level changelog is
available on the release page.

This also means that we’re string-frozen now, and so translations can
begin. We welcome updates to our current translations and we’d be very
grateful for any translations that are contributed. Details on translating
Swift can be found at
https://github.com/swift/swift/blob/master/Documentation/TranslatingSwift.txt
.

Cheers,