[swift-users] Swift 4.0 RC5 released

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 11 17:45:06 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce Swift 4.0 RC5, hopefully our final release candidate
for Swift 4.0.

Feel free to grab the latest builds and tarballs from
http://swift.im/releases.html . There are some known issues with the apt
repo for some OS version which we are fixing. A high-level changelog is
available on the release page.

Since Swift 4.0 RC2, we fixed a crash on macOS during sleep/wake up and
removed a conflicting shortcut for the trellis mode.

Please let us know how you get along with the new release candidate and if
you encounter any issues.

Thanks to all our contributors.

Cheers,
Tobi