[swift-users] Q: Disable automatic entrering MUC and current version

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 17 09:25:57 UTC 2020

Hello,

in the swift-im version I'm using, I did not find a way to prevent Swift
to enter a MUC automatically.  How should it work?

Behaviour: When clicking on one of the recent chats, a tabbed window opens
with four recent MUCs.  Now I do not want to be added to one of them anymore.
How do I do this?

I've tried
 * the context menu of the MUC.
 * closing the tab and then closing swift
 * closing and reentering, making sure that the "automatically enter button"
as unchecked.

Expectation: there should be a context menu showing the "[x] automatically
enter" which I can uncheck.

So I'll wanted to see if this was already know or fixed, which leads to more
questions. :)
The version I'm using is
 rpm -qi swift-im
Name        : swift-im
Version     : 4.0
Release     : lp151.3.53
Source RPM  : swift-im-4.0-lp151.3.53.src.rpm
Packager    : https://bugs.opensuse.org

And the webpage has 4.0.2, but the git has a tag for 4.0.3?
I could also not locate a changelog to see what was addressed between 4.0 and
4.0.3.

Best Regards,
Bernhard
ps.: Currently I'm considering leaving swift-im behind, because there is not
good end-to-end encryption available. It is sad, because I like the interface
of swift and its technical design approach. There is no openess to implement
OMEMO (which with all drawbacks can be implemented as Free Software and is the
currently leading end-to-end solution, nor OX which would be an alternative)
https://github.com/swift/swift/issues/37

--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3