Because Swift betas prior to beta7 only stored partial VCards, it could be that you encounter problems with avatars not updating properly. To avoid this, it is best that you remove your Swift data dir (
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Swift on Windows XP,
/Users/<username>/Library/Applications/Swift on Mac OS X,
~/.local/share/swift on Linux) when installing this new beta (if you didn't already in beta7).
These are the changes since 1.0-beta7:
- MUCs will once again be rejoined on reconnect.
- Fixed a crash when a contact has set an incorrect priority.
- Fixed a crash when signing out.
- You can no longer use bookmarks while offline.
- When clicking notifications coming from rooms, bring up the room dialog.
- When registering with Growl, we now request incoming message popups to be enabled by default.
- The status setter now shows when you're connecting.
- Contacts online from several clients at once should now show the highest priority presence, not the most recent.
- We no longer show 'copy link' in the context menu in the chat dialog if no link is selected.
- The quality of the avatars has improved on some platforms.
- Fixed a bug where avatars would no longer appear after reconnecting.
- Pictures in the message popups on Linux are now scaled down.
- Errors received from your contacts when setting your status will no longer cause the contacts to mirror your new status.
- The notification toggle on Linux will now be respected.
- Joins and parts in MUCs will now be merged in a more natural way.
- Notices will now be generated if someone says your nick in the MUC in any variant of capitalisation, and will not be generated if it was you that said it.
- You will no longer see your contacts typing if there is an error sending typing notifications to them.
- We no longer trigger popup notifications when a message bounces.
- Fixed a bug where reconnecting to a different account after signout would fail authenticating.
- Fixed a potential crash on signout when events are pending.