[swift-users] Swift 1.0beta2 released

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Fri Jun 11 21:18:11 CEST 2010

( As posted at http://el-tramo.be/blog/swift-1_0beta2 )

Hi all,

It’s only been 2 weeks since we released the first public beta of
Swift, and we already got a lot of feedback. Thanks to all of you who
joined the MUC and sent us their comments and bugreports!

We decided that, before moving on to implementing the remaining
missing features, we would first fix a bunch of small-yet-annoying
‘papercut’ bugs, and quickly release a new beta. This way, we hope to
make the Swift experience a bit smoother for our valiant testers while
we are busy implementing some of the larger changes. So, if you’re
running Swift on a frequent basis, or would like to jump into our beta
feedback cycle, head on over to the Swift 1.0beta2 page (
http://swift.im/releases/swift-1.0beta2 ), and download the latest
beta (we even have Ubuntu packages now!)

We are aiming to put out new betas on a regular basis, so stay tuned
for more Swift goodness!

cheers,
Remko