[swift-users] How to join the chat swift at rooms.swift.im

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 18:11:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> Now that Swift 1.0 on MeeGo 1.2 starts for me,
> I've tried to join the chat mentioned at http://swift.im/discussion/
> How do I do this with Swift?

Once you are logged into your account, Actions->Enter Room:
swift at rooms.swift.im.

> Looks like I need to get an account, but I have no idea how
> to do this with Swift? Wouldn't it be cool to be able to directly
> connect without hassles to this chat once Swift has started?

You would need an XMPP account, yes. We have previously assumed that
most people coming to Swift will be users with existing XMPP accounts
looking for a client (or it being rolled out across an enterprise with
issued accounts, etc.).

Is this wrong? Are we likely to see an increasing number of people
wanting to use Swift for Swift's sake, rather than because they need a
client? Should we provide a help page discussing how and where to get
an account?

/K