[swift-users] Interested student

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 23:26:34 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Gatlin Johnson <rokenrol at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi there.

> My name is Gatlin Johnson. I'm a CS undergrad at UT Austin. I'm an
> avid IM user and have been very impressed with the simplicity of
> Swift.

Thanks.

> I was excited to read on Planet Qt that Swift was accepted into
> GSoC,

Well, technically the XSF umbrella org was accepted into GSoC, and is
willing to have Swift under the umbrella, but it's close enough :)

> and I would very much like to participate.

Great!

> I am especially
> interested in integrating jingle into swiften, as swiften would have
> the potential to be _the_ cross platform a/v xmpp library. I don't
> want to spam the mailing list with a long and unsolicited plea, but if
> you are interested in talking more I am happy to be of service. Thanks
> much,

It certainly wouldn't be considered spam if you'd like to continue
posting on-list, or we'd be very happy for you to drop into the
swift at rooms.swift.im MUC and chat with us there (Remko and I are .be
and .uk, to give you an idea about timezones).

I think the Jingle A/V project is a particularly exciting one (and
challenging) :)

/K