[swift-users] [Swiften] Examples do DNS query when server is localhost

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Mon Mar 11 15:13:34 CET 2013

Hi Benjamin,

On 27 February 2013 14:17, Benjamin Picardat
<picardat.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:
> What am I doing wrong ? Is want I want to do possible with Swiften ?

Sorry for the late reply, this e-mail slipped through the cracks.

Swiften indeed does a DNS SRV lookup based on the JID domain part (as
the protocol says it should). If you want to bypass SRV lookup, you
can tell swiften which host it should connect to through the
ClientOptions, in which case no SRV lookup will be done. If you want
to bypass DNS completely, you can specify an IP address in
ClientOptions.

cheers,
Remko