[swift-users] problem tracking/transparancy (Re: bugs/wishlist/features)

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 09:47:52 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 08:17:26AM +0100, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> All I can really say here is that we spent a number of years running
>> the Psi project...
>
> Is swift the successor to psi? I notice you and Remko were Psi
> developers before.

Not really. We wanted a client that had a different philosophy than
Psi's (mostly around ease of use and targeting 'normal' users) and we
couldn't change Psi without upsetting the current users, who liked all
the customisations and things (as an example of difference in
philosophy, Psi had an option to not only turn on a character count
for your messages, but also whether that should be rendered as normal
text, or faux-LCD style). So Remko and I started again to produce
Swift, but as far as I can tell Psi is still maintained by a new set
of devs.

/K