[swift-users] Swift and Isode (blog post)

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Sat Jan 10 15:21:12 UTC 2015

The following post is originally from http://swift.im/blog/swift-isode/
and I think it is worthwhile to be posted to swift-users mailing-list.

Swift and Isode
Kevin Smith - December 11, 2014

Having been working on this behind the scenes for a while, we’ve got
some good news. After years of quietly supporting Swift, Isode are now
taking Swift formally into their product set. This means more
developers working on Swift and the opportunity for more rapid
development and advancement of the projects. In practical terms, we
think the only obvious change externally is likely to be an increase in
activity in the commit logs and improvements to the software, both of
which have been becoming increasingly obvious in recent months as
Isode’s been increasing support.

Some details about which you may care:

⚫ Isode’s a long-term producer of messaging and directory servers,
  including the M-Link XMPP server, has been the provider of commercial
  licenses for Swiften, was responsible for the port of Swiften to Java
  in the form of Stroke and is where Kev works for his day-job.
⚫ Kev’s going to manage the Swift projects within Isode.
⚫ Swift, Stroke et al. will be remaining open source, with commercial
  licensing and support available.
⚫ The project will continue to run in much the same way, with public
  code review systems etc.
⚫ We’ll still be accepting community-supplied patches
⚫ We’ll still be encouraging testing and feedback by the community
⚫ We think this is going to be an opportunity to make Swift better

We hope you’ll join us in our excitement for Swift’s future.