[swift-users] Any way to stop Swift from performing auto-logoff when smartcard is removed?

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Fri Jul 10 14:14:46 UTC 2015

Hi Robert,

On 10 Jul 2015, at 13:54, Robert Thornton <uniformofdestruction at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use a smartcard for authentication to my chat server. The problem is that it is necessary for me to pull my smartcard from my reader several times throughout the day, but I need to be able to stay logged in when I pull my card. Is there an option for preventing this auto-logoff feature?

Support for enabling/disabling this through an XML system property file is being added for 3.0.

When our next release is available, you’ll be able to drop such a policy file alongside the Swift.exe file in your install folder to change the policy. The following XML, saved as system-settings.xml in the same folder as Swift.exe,

<settings>
  <disconnectOnCardRemoval>false</disconnectOnCardRemoval>
</settings>

will prevent Swift from disconnecting on card removal.

/K