[swift-users] Smart Card Auth on a Mac

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Mon Jul 27 09:38:17 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

On 23 Jul 2015, at 16:44, Chris Kelly <chris at thursby.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn’t find the info I was looking for elsewhere.
> The beta 3 release includes bug fixes for smart card auth.
>
> My company uses Mac almost exclusively and I was curious if card based login was possible on OS X?
> From my very limited experience with Swift so far, it appears that only PKCS12 files can be used for certificate login.
>
> If its not already possible, how much effort would be required to support login using credentials from the OS X keychain?

At the moment, smartcard auth is only available on Windows, as that’s where customers have needed it and it’s not a particularly general-use feature. We’re keen to support it across the board, but haven’t scheduled anything - it’s probably on the order of a couple of weeks of work, but we haven’t investigated properly to get a confident estimate.

/K