[swift-users] Swift 3.0 RC2 released

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Tue Feb 9 16:53:58 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I’m delighted to announce that we’ve got to the release candidate stage for Swift 3.0 (yes, there was an RC1, but we didn’t announce it because we found an issue). That means we’ve fixed all known issues and implemented all features we intend having in 3.0, and if no critical issues are found in these builds we’ll package up 3.0 and release that in the near future. So, please grab the builds from http://swift.im/releases.html (Mac, Windows, Source as usual, and we’ve re-instated an apt repository as well) and let us know if you find any issues. A high-level changelog is available on the release page.

This also means that we’re string-frozen now, and so translations can begin. This is my first release where I’ve had to manage translations, so I’m afraid I haven’t quite got a handle on the process yet. I’ll be trying to get on top of this next, but if any of our translators know what they’re doing better than I do, it’s that time again and we’d be very grateful for any translations that are contributed.

/K