[swift-users] Storing passwords in plaintext

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Mon Jan 25 18:20:29 UTC 2016

Hello,

I recently discovered Swift and very excited about using it as it seems to be a
mature, feature-rich XMPP client. However, I am concerned about the "save
password" checkbox, as it appears that it saves your password in plaintext in
~/.config/Swift/Swift.conf. I would expect it ton utilize the built-in OS
password-management system (e.g. KWallet on KDE or Windows Credential Manager)
rather than storing the password in plaintext. Does Swift support the ability
to safely store passwords, or can the "store password" functionality be
disabled entirely?

Thanks,

Andrew Martin