[swift-users] Fwd: swift compile fails on Fedora 13

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Sat Apr 30 09:55:31 CEST 2011

Hi Matthew,

> Here's the variables I added to public_dirs on line 309 of SConscript in
> Swiften:

Thanks. Not all of those should be necessary, but i'll put something
in place such that i can at least catch missing dirs from our own
builds. I'll go through them and add the necessary ones.

> 2) I'm having trouble getting the example echo bot to connect to a XMPP
> server.

You could debug this by attaching the tracer as shown in one of the
examples, and/or by listening to the client error signal. But i'm
guessing your server's certificate is self-signed; just call
client->setAlwaysTrustCertificates(). I need to add that to the
development guide, because it's a common problem :)

cheers,
Remko