[swift-users] Fwd: swift compile fails on Fedora 13

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Sat Apr 30 19:09:20 CEST 2011

Hi Matthew,

> Thanks. Not all of those should be necessary, but i'll put something
> in place such that i can at least catch missing dirs from our own
> builds. I'll go through them and add the necessary ones.

I applied a patch on the 1.x and master branch that opts-out some
headers (instead of opting-in the necessary ones). This should make
sure that all headers are included in the installdir now.

I also applied some patches on 1.x and master to get building Swiften
as a shared library right. Swiften will now create .so and .so links
with the conventional Linux naming scheme. Also, starting from
tonight, our Ubuntu builds will build Swift as 3 packages now
(swift-im, libswiften2, and libswiften2-dev, where swift-im now
depends on libswiften2), which, if this goes well, should mean other
distributions should also be able to start distributing swiften as a
separate package.

cheers,
Remko