[swift-users] swift compile fails on Fedora 13

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Fri Apr 29 07:47:12 CEST 2011

Hi Matthew,

> Oh, I wasn't aware that Swiften wasn't available as a shared library. From
> what I understand about fedora packaging policies (which closely mirror
> other distros), I won't be able to have Xournal submitted for inclusion
> unless swiften is available as a separately dynamically shared library.

Ok, we'll get that sorted out soon then.

For now, if you want to test and give initial feedback, do the
following to create a swiften dev package:
  ./scons swiften_dll=1 SWIFTEN_INSTALLDIR=/path/to/install /path/to/install
This will create an include/ and lib/ hierarchy with a .so lib in the
/path/to/install dir

cheers,
Remko