[swift-users] Fwd: swift compile fails on Fedora 13

Matthew Chan talcite at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 08:18:13 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Chan <talcite at gmail.com>
Date: 2011/4/30
Subject: Re: [swift-users] swift compile fails on Fedora 13
To: Remko Tronçon <remko at el-tramo.be>

Hi Remko,

Last email for the night for me.

Two separate things:

1) I found the variable in the SConscript for determining the public include
dirs. I added the ones that were missing to make the compiler happy. I'm not
sure if this exposes some headers you were intending to keep private.

Here's the variables I added to public_dirs on line 309 of SConscript in
Swiften:

"Session", "StreamManagement", "StreamStack", "Compress", "Config",
"FileTransfers", "History", "IDN", "Jingle", "SASL",  "LinkLocal"
"EventLoop"

2) I'm having trouble getting the example echo bot to connect to a XMPP
server. I'm on example 2.2 in the swiften docs and I expect the bot to echo
"Connected", but after running the program, nothing happens. Have you seen
this behaviour before? I can debug if you haven't, but I am expecting it to
get messy =). The example I am following is here:
http://swift.im/swiften/guide/#Example-EchoBot2

There aren't any problems with swift itself. It builds fine and I can
connect to the Swift chat room, so I don't think it's a permission/platform
thing.

Thanks,
Matt