[swift-users] Connecting Client to different port...

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Sat Mar 3 10:08:11 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Marc Neeley <neeleym at ociweb.com> wrote:
> I can’t find a documented way of specifying a different port for a Swift
> Client object to connect to the server with. I only see host specified in
> the documentation.

This is currently true - we assume that all servers are either
correctly specified in SRV records (where they can have any, or
multiple, ports) or that they run on the default port. This is likely
to change in the nearish future (we already have a workaround for this
in Stroke) but is the current state - outside of dev testing
environments the number of servers without DNS set and running
exclusively on non-default ports is vanishingly small (I've yet to
come across one).

/K