[swift-users] Connecting Client to different port...

Rafał Likus lemiel at wp.pl
Mon Mar 5 22:39:55 CET 2012

Dnia 3-03-2012 o godz. 10:08 Kevin Smith napisał(a):
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Marc Neeley <neeleym at ociweb.com> wrote:
> > I can’t find a documented way of specifying a different port for a Swift
> > Client object to connect to the server with. I only see host specified in
> > the documentation.
>
> This is currently true - we assume that all servers are either
> correctly specified in SRV records (where they can have any, or
> multiple, ports) or that they run on the default port. This is likely
> to change in the nearish future (we already have a workaround for this
> in Stroke) but is the current state - outside of dev testing
> environments the number of servers without DNS set and running
> exclusively on non-default ports is vanishingly small (I've yet to
> come across one).
>
> /K

Hi!

This patch will be very nice.
Because for example when I am at work - in zone with NAT, internal DNS (probably without SRV records 'forwarding'(? I do not know if or how it works) and enabled only 80 and 443 ports, I could not connect to Jabber servers, for example gmail.com, there is no response.

--
Regards,
Rafał