[swift-users] <How to build/run sample example using Swiften>

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 13:09:23 CET 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Pranav N. Wangikar <pranavw at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done following steps to run example using Swiften libraary
> - Extracted swift-1.0.tar.gz

First I'd be inclined to grab the latest out of Git, or grab the
source for 2.0RC1 - 1.0 is old now, 2.0 will be released in a couple
of weeks and contains lots of useful things we've been working on over
the last while.

> - Created file config.py and mentioned qt path
> - Built Swiften library with command ./scons Swiften
> - Compilation was successful

Great.

> My query how to run sample example placed under swift-1.0/Swiften/Examples
> Really appreciate any response on this.

They should 'just run', e.g.:

sigsegv:devel/swift/swift/> ./Swiften/Examples/SendMessage/SendMessage
Usage: ./Swiften/Examples/SendMessage/SendMessage <jid>

Does this not happen for you?

Kev