[swift-users] <How to build/run sample example using Swiften>

Pranav N. Wangikar pranavw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:34:21 CET 2012

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the prompt reply and sharing latest version of Swiften.

1) For Swift 1.0
By running SendMessage example I am getting following error

Linux$ ./SendMessage demoletter2 [talk.google.com] <password> demoletter1 hi
*Error!*
Please hint me if I'm missing anything.

2) For swift-2.0rc1, I did following steps to build Swiften,
Linux$ tar -xvf swift-2.0rc1.tar.bz2
Linux$ cd swift-2.0rc1/
Linux$ mkdir swiften20_install
Linux$ ./scons SWIFTEN_INSTALLDIR=swiften20_install swiften20_install

but I am not able to see any Examples under
swift-2.0rc1/swiften20_install/bin and
swift-2.0rc1/Swiften/Examples/SendMessage

Please let me know, if I need to run any additional command to build
examples or some thing else.

3) Does swift-2.0rc1 support Xmpp over Bosh extension(XEP-206) ?
as BOSHSessionStream.cpp file is present at
$(Path)/swift-2.0rc1/Swiften/Session/

Regards,
Pranav