[swift-users] <How to build/run sample example using Swiften>

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 13:54:11 CET 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Pranav N. Wangikar <pranavw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply and sharing latest version of Swiften.
>
> 1) For Swift 1.0
> By running SendMessage example I am getting following error
>
> Linux$ ./SendMessage demoletter2 [talk.google.com] <password> demoletter1 hi
> Error!
> Please hint me if I'm missing anything.

Syntax is:
>> Usage: ./Swiften/Examples/SendMessage/SendMessage <jid>

The [] denote that connect_host is optional. Your JID is
demoletter2 at gmail.com (or whatever domain), not demoletter2. You don't
need to specify a connect_host for Google, so you have something like

./Swiften/Examples/SendMessage/SendMessage demoletter2 at gmail.com
mypass demoletter2 at gmail.com Hi

> 2) For swift-2.0rc1, I did following steps to build Swiften,
> Linux$ tar -xvf swift-2.0rc1.tar.bz2
> Linux$ cd swift-2.0rc1/
> Linux$ mkdir swiften20_install
> Linux$ ./scons SWIFTEN_INSTALLDIR=swiften20_install swiften20_install
>
> but I am not able to see any Examples under
> swift-2.0rc1/swiften20_install/bin and
> swift-2.0rc1/Swiften/Examples/SendMessage

The examples aren't installed, they'll remain in ./Swiften/Examples.*

> Please let me know, if I need to run any additional command to build
> examples or some thing else.

They should be built - they're just not part of Swiften so won't be installed.

> 3) Does swift-2.0rc1 support Xmpp over Bosh extension(XEP-206) ?
> as BOSHSessionStream.cpp file is present at
> $(Path)/swift-2.0rc1/Swiften/Session/

Yes. See ClientOptions for the (documented) variables to set for this to happen.

/Kev