[swift-users] introduction, and bugs/wishlist/features

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Apr 23 11:12:37 CEST 2014

Hello,

for what it is worth:

Am Sonntag, 20. April 2014 00:32:27 schrieb ghostlands at hush.com:
>  - OTRv3 (or whatever is the latest version by the time development
> begins, of course).

I agree with this feature wish, OTR communications get sometimes
requested by communication partners.

>  - The next issue, and of lesser but still significant importance I
> think, is user-facing and transparent bug report forms.

This has potential to make swift development more transparent
and grow more participants and feedback, but of course
it is more work to maintain the infrastructure.
(And it is hard to let this hosted on a Free Software plattform
that is nice and accessible. Two popular choicese: Bitbucket and github ran on
proprietary software, which I believe is not suitabel for a Free Software
initiative like Swift.)

I'd rather have the swift developers do their design thing their way
than having them divide their forces to maintain infrastructure for
transparency. While of course I agree that it would be a good thing
in the long run. :)

Am Montag, 21. April 2014 19:21:29 schrieb Genghis Khan:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 20:32:27 -0200 ghostlands at hush.com wrote:
> > - This next issue is petty, and no other clients seem to concern
> > themselves with it, but why not? It seems relevant. It is this:
> > typically my volume on my computer is about 2/3 of the way up. At
> > this volume, the notification sound of Swift blares startlingly out
> > of the speakers. This sucks. It is alarming every time.

I agree with the problem description, I think it is import to be able to tune
notifications to use sound or other stuff.

> You can either use KDE or GNOME mixers under Linux, or use the built-in
> mixer of Microsoft Windows to specifically adjust volume level of Swift.

How does this work? I'd appreciate a pointer to a more detailed manual or
describtion, I just fired up the mixer from Plasma, but could not see how to
specifically tune Swift notifications (using the Debian wheezy builds of
swift-im and Plasma).

Best,
Bernhard