[swift-users] introduction, and bugs/wishlist/features

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Wed Apr 23 12:03:38 CEST 2014

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:12:37 +0200
Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:

> > You can either use KDE or GNOME mixers under Linux, or use the
> > built-in mixer of Microsoft Windows to specifically adjust volume
> > level of Swift.
>
> How does this work? I'd appreciate a pointer to a more detailed
> manual or describtion, I just fired up the mixer from Plasma, but
> could not see how to specifically tune Swift notifications (using the
> Debian wheezy builds of swift-im and Plasma).

I do not know; that is why my comment was sketchy.

I have seen a screencast of GNOME2 featuring a mixer that has an
ability to adjust volume level of every currently running application,
so, as far as it concerns to KDE, I have *guessed* that there is
already a similar ability in the default mixer program of KDE.

I will try to gather information on this matter and will let you know
about my findings.

> Best,
> Bernhard
> --
> www.intevation.de/~bernhard (CEO) www.fsfe.org (Founding GA Member)
> Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
> Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

With apologies and regards,
--GK