[swift-users] Debian Stretch (Re: [ANN] Swift 4.0)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 20 07:11:52 UTC 2018

Am Mittwoch 21 März 2018 14:58:03 schrieb Tobias Markmann:
> we are pleased to announce the availability of Swift 4.0, a XMPP client
> focused on usability and security.

Congratulations on the new release!
(BTW, is there a way to volunteerinly pay a small amount for the Free Software
version of Swift to you?)

> Swift 4.0 is available on Windows, OS X and Linux. Binary releases are
> available for Windows, OS X and Linux, as AppImage and Debian/Ubuntu
> repositories, on https://swift.im/downloads.html .

The Debian GNU/Linux Stretch package works fine (so far).
We've noticed that the manual page is broken in
Package: swift-im Architecture: amd64 Version: 4.0.2-1

man swift-im | cat -
SWIFT-IM:(1)                     Swift Manual                     SWIFT-IM:(1)

NAME
       swift-im: - swift-im

DESCRIPTION
       Swift/QtUI/swift-im:   error   while  loading  shared  libraries:  lib‐
       Swiften.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Swift                             April 2018                      SWIFT-IM:(1)

Best Regards,
Bernhard