[swift-users] [ANN] Swift 4.0

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:58:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

we are pleased to announce the availability of Swift 4.0, a XMPP client
focused on usability and security.

Major changes since the Swift 3.0 release:
- New chat theme including a new font
- Support for message carbons (XEP-0280)
- Enabled trellis mode as a default feature, allowing several tiled chats
windows to be shown at once
- Redesigned keyword highlighting
- Improve date formatting
- Fix Last Message Correction in multi client scenarios
- Fix UI layout issue for translations that require right-to-left (RTL)
layout
- Fix UX issues in trellis mode
- Improvements to font size handling in the chat theme
- Fix display of default avatar on Windows
- Support for automatic software updates on macOS
- macOS releases are now code-signed
- Support for unicode emojis on macOS
- Add AppImage for Linux 64-bit as a supported platform
- Improved spell checker support on Linux
- And assorted smaller features and usability enhancements

Swift 4.0 is available on Windows, OS X and Linux. Binary releases are
available for Windows, OS X and Linux, as AppImage and Debian/Ubuntu
repositories, on https://swift.im/downloads.html .

Thanks to all our contributors of code, translations, testing, ideas and
other support.

Cheers.