Swift Hackathon Roundup

Last sunday, we finished our week-long Swift Hackathon, and it was a great success, leading to Swift 2.0-beta1! Here’s a list of the things we achieved during that week.

First of all, the goal of the week was to find and fix as many bugs as possible. This is what our ’hackathon bug count dials’ were displaying at the end of the week:

Hackathon Bug Count

In only one week, we found 19 bugs, and fixed 64! Not a bad result for our first hackathon, don’t you think? As you can see from the trend, we put a big dent in the list of open bugs:

Hackathon Bug Trend

And if fixing all these bugs wasn’t enough, we found the time to do some other things on the side as well during the week:

  • Together with Olly Betts, we finished our Debian packages, and submitted them to Debian. So, expect both Swift and Swiften to be available from the official Debian repositories soon!
  • We set up a build for the brand new Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin)
  • We started fixing and cleaning up translation strings

Thanks again to all the people who have helped us during this excellent week!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *